Juliette Hogan are looking for a talented design assistant to work full time. The role will be reporting direct to Juliette Hogan and spans across a variety of company responsibilities. All applications can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE: Design Assistant
MANAGER: Juliette Hogan
DIRECT REPORTS: None
REPORTS TO: Juliette Hogan.
HOURS: 35 – 40 hours per week
To research, present and assist in the development of all design functions including seasonal collections, special projects, events and new product lines.
To support Juliette Hogan in a creative capacity.
- Act as a sounding board for Juliette with regards to the design of the collection.
- Design research for coming collections
- Create seasonal mood boards for seasonal collections and shoot concepts.
- Assist with fabric sourcing.
- Assist with show and shoot styling and preparation.
- Liaise with stylist for shoot creative
- Implement second summer collection in collaboration with Sales.
- Creation of line drawings.
- Fabric and garment naming
- Collection costings and margins
- Assist with range planning
- Contribute to design feedback meetings
- Manage workflow from design to production to meet deadlines
- Liaise with Production on garment construction, trims and finishings
- Liaise with Pattern Drafter and manage work flow
- Manage fittings with Production Manager.
- Manage new product developments or new lines as and when required.
- Liaise with brides/bridesmaids to ascertain their requirements in a prompt and professional manner.
- Set up appointment times
- Order fabrics/trims etc
- Cut dresses
- Arrange for production
- Quality control
- Send dresses out when required.
- Follow up service
- Manage and maintain the wedding album
- Introduce new styles as required
- Update the training manual regularly
- Assist in other areas of the company as required