Thirty-six emerging designers from around the globe have been chosen for the 13th annual Awards. From over 150 entries from 18 countries, the 36 will present their collections at the iD International Emerging Designer Awards Show to be held on Thursday March 23 in Dunedin, New Zealand.
“These are fashion graduates who believe in making a difference within the industry,” said Tanya Carlson. iD Committee Chair Cherry Lucas said the Awards showcase the very future of fashion with showgoers able to see the latest textiles and techniques on display.
- Auckland University of Technology: Phillip von Fury
- Massey University, Wellington: Tess Norquay, Olivia Balle and Kristen Meaclem, Megan Stewart.
- Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin: Cecily Reed, Letitia Powell, Laura Bennett.
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology: Emily Cameron, Paul Castro, Victoria Bliss.
- The Fashion Design Studio, Ultimo TAFE, Sydney: Ann Xiao.
- University of Technology, Sydney: Emily Stone, Lynette Yahya, Nancy Wu, Natalie Vladimiroff, Nehma Vitols, Talia Jimenez, Zhuxuan He.
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane: Jack Milne, Shannon Lewis.
- Curtin University, Perth: Adellen Pasquale.
- Shanghai University of Engineering Science/Sino-French Institute of Fashion Design: Wang Yiyan, Guan Xin
- Polimoda, Florence: Alessandro Trincone
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts: Natasha Nadya.
- Raffles College of Higher Education: Dora Photina, Zhang Fan.
- UBA University of Buenos Aires: Elisa Lutteral and Melina Karagozian.
- LCI Barcelona: Laura Searle Fuentes.
- The University of Westminster: Katie Ann McGuigan.
- Marist College, New York: Marrisa Wilson.
- Parsons School of Design: Wonho Lee.
- Academy of Art and Design Basel (HGK Basel) FHNW: Stephanie Nina Yoon.
- University of Applied Arts Vienna: Axel Berner-Eyde, Lila John.
- Ryerson University, Toronto: Alexandra Armata.