10 FACTS ABOUT LOUIS VUITTON
- Louis Vuitton opened his first store in 1854, he began making handbags after the 1892 world’s fair
- All genuine Vuitton handbags are handmade. It generally takes about a 1 week to create 1 handbag.
- LV bags are waterproof and fireproof. Canvas is used for waterproofing and PVC is accustomed to fireproof the bags. This is one of the reasons why LV bags are so expensive.
- Louis Vuitton bags are half the price in France as they are in China, so lots of Chinese shoppers buy them while on vacation in France.
- You will never find Louis Vuitton on discount.
- LV Bags are timeless. If you buy a LV bag today, you will still be able to use it for another 20 years. It will never go out of fashion. And it will not get damaged.
- All Louis Vuitton bags and jewellery undergo vigorous tests: the bags are tested by mechanisms that drop them from about half a meter height consecutively for duration of four days, and while doing so, the bags have been packed with three and a half kilograms weight! This is not all; the test of endurance doesn’t end here. The material undergoes bombardment of ultraviolet rays to ensure resistance to fading. Also, the zippers are tugged open and shut around 5,000 times to ensure they work well while in the hands of a customer.
- Although most people think the company makes handbags and accessories, they also created a pen collection suited for the most extravagant taste. They also have a line of scrapbooks for those of us who want to keep the information in a classic manner.
- Louis Vuitton was hired as a personal box-maker and packer for Napoleon’s (Emperor of the French in 1852) wife.
- Now I will share the most painful news for most of the people specially girls. After every season, if any of LV products are not sold then, they are sent back to its factory in France and are shredded or burnt, in order to sustain an item’s value and class of brand.
TOP 8 LOUIS VUITTON BAGS