Recent men’s Spring 2019 fashion shows have demonstrated the growth of the male shopper as discerning and directional. While there are a lot of changes and developments occurring in menswear trends currently, here are seven trends that are set to stay.
1. Tailored-wearWith a growing presence of suits worn as street styles by stars and influencers around the world, tailored, clean looks are becoming increasingly popular and affordable with a variety of retailers jumping on board with the style.
2. Transparent outerwear and accessoriesCrossing over from womenswear to menswear, sheer and transparent fabrics provide a modern festival-meets-street style.
3. Co-ord setsMatchy-matchy sets of shirts and pants tap into the current sportswear aesthetic trend. In a range of styles from plain to patterned - there's something to suit every style preference.
4. Branded socksTube socks brandishing brand logos are a stylish touch to boost the look of sneakers and footwear. Eye-catching and on-trend, these socks ensure your style stays current.
5. StripesPopular across both women’s and menswear, stripes are getting bolder and vertical stripes, in particular, are set to grow in 2019.
6. SilkAdding a touch of elegance to the wardrobe, luxurious silk shirts have increased in sales by over 80 percent recently, cementing their place as an essential item to stay on-trend.
7. Grandad collarA classic look with a revamped vibe, grandad collar shirts are the perfect way to make trending tailored-wear more casual.