Vans, the original action sports brand and global advocate for creative expression, is proud to announce two upcoming collaborations with Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants launching on July 2. The first collection is a range of Classic footwear, apparel and accessories fit for fans of all ages. The second is in partnership with New York fashion designer, Sandy Liang that features her own fashion interpretation of the animated series elements and characters.
Key pieces from the Vans x SpongeBob SquarePants collection include:
• Old Skool checkerboard emblazoned quarter panel featuring SpongeBob and his loyal pet snail, Gary, hidden amongst the checks, and finished with a leather yellow Sidestripe and “Off The Wall” written in a font that is synonymous with the beloved animated series.
• Imaginaaation short sleeve tee that pays homage to the season three episode that depicts SpongeBob and Patrick as they use their creativity to play with an empty box.
• Airbrush Woven long sleeve tee highlighting the characters and cartoon elements of Bikini Bottom.
• Best Buddies Hoodie with custom Vans “Off The Wall” graphic inspired by each character down the sleeve.
• Jump Out Crew Tie Dye Tee depicts SpongeBob leaping for joy.
• Patrick Star receives his very own mini backpack silhouette that is complimented by Vans iconic checkerboard pattern.
Also launching on July 2, Vans will partner with fashion designer, Sandy Liang, who has been a long-time fan of the celebrated animated series since her childhood. Sandy, who started her eponymous label of ready-to-wear clothing, jewellery and accessories inspired by her NYC upbringing, nostalgia, and humour, has partnered with Vans to deliver a capsule collection that interprets iconic elements from the television show that have been illustrated by Sandy to provide a fashion forward take on SpongeBob SquarePants.