Hundreds of brides entered the competition which invited couples to spring into the summer season with a dream bridal package. Designer and owner of Vinka Design, Anita Turner said that the last two years had been tough, especially for the couples who had faced uprooted plans and uncertainty for their weddings. As we moved into summer, we teamed up with our amazing brand partners to celebrate commitment and love. The lucky winners will receive a wedding prize pack of their DREAMS valued at almost $16,000.
“We just absolutely loved putting the bridal package together with our Brand Partners in the early days of lockdown,” said Turner.
The Celebrating Love Package was conceived by the upmarket bridal Atelier weeks into Auckland’s latest Lockdown, with the team at Vinka Design knowing full well how many of their brides’ plans would be up in the air. The idea was to deliver some joy and wedding treats before Christmas.
The competition ran for three weeks on Instagram from the day Auckland retail functioned again on the 10th November and was drawn on the first day of summer on 1st December.
The prize included:
- A $9,000 bespoke Vinka Design Wedding Gown.
- $2,000 towards ready-made or bespoke wedding rings by Partridge Jewellers.
- $2,000 towards a made-to-measure or bespoke suit by RJB Design @rjbdesign
- A one night staycation at the Park Hyatt Auckland in a King Harbour View Room, valued at $550.
- A chauffeur-driven Winger Maserati trip to and from the Park Hyatt Auckland, valued at $1,200.
- A wedding cake by The Caker valued at $350.
- A bridal bouquet by Blush Flowers valued at $200.
- A 12 month subscription to wedding bible Together Journal, accompanied by TJ Lovers’ Wedding Website, TJ x AOL wedding planner, & all digital TJ products valued at $450.
Tyler Pennell, 28, won the Vinka Design $16,000 Celebrating Love Package and after two years of lockdowns is thrilled to have certainty back into her wedding planning. In uncertain times, a flight attendant who was made redundant last year because of Covid has just won a dream wedding package.
“We knew it was something cheerful and special to offer brides and we couldn’t be more thrilled for Tyler and Rob,” added Turner.
As for the bride herself, she is beyond happy.
“When I found out I was at home and screamed – my fiancé Rob got a fright and asked me what had happened (given the year it’s been I think he assumed the worst!) and then I told him. We were both just so over the moon and in a bit of disbelief! I called my parents and was inundated with messages from friends congratulating me and telling me how lucky I was to have won. We celebrated with a bottle of bubbles in the afternoon and a BBQ with Rob’s family. What an amazing way to go into the festive season,” Tyler said.
The couple became engaged in June this year and had got straight to work viewing venues and ringing around places for their engagement party, but as soon as lockdown hit, this all came to a grinding halt.
“I’ve found it frustrating this time having a lot of time on my hands and having lost momentum with the wedding planning process. I was already looking forward to December to get the ball rolling again, and to win this amazing prize has just multiplied my excitement tenfold.”