We are currently seeking a Team Leader for our Auckland Soft Goods Team.
Reporting to the Quality Manager this pivotal role works with core stakeholders: Technicians, Merchandisers, Suppliers and our Sourcing office to ensure that the quality of products produced meet our required standards.
Through the provision of expert advice to team and business in respect to product engineering, the successful candidate will ensure that products meet our criteria but also look for opportunities to improve margin/manufacturing efficiencies. Your relevant Technical experience will provide process improvement opportunities and assist you to meet key performance measures.
This is not a job; it’s a career opportunity for a candidate who will thrive in a high performing, fast paced but professional environment.
You will have:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Quality Assurance/Control with a focus on garment manufacturing and development
- Proven knowledge of the Clothing/Soft Goods Retail or Manufacturing industry
- Sound understanding of Product Compliance requirements for NZ/Fabric testing and reporting
- Strong experience in Apparel Fit
- Previous exposure to manufacturing practices within Asia
- Experience in quality compliance, auditing controls and conducting inspections beneficial
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring a team
- Meticulous attention to detail, superior computer literacy and analytical ability
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
You will bring to the role your strong leadership skills, your passion for team development and your ability to work effectively under pressure. You will also be someone who thrives on working efficiently by reducing duplication and costs by working smarter.
On offer is a position that will allow you to have a direct influence in the largest quality department in NZ with a unique and growing portfolio where no two days will be the same. This is all backed up with a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career within a Large Retailer.