Established in 1972, BONZ is a family-run fashion and homewares brand that specialises in creating elevated and opulent designs from rare and high-quality locally sourced materials. The products are all made at their Invercargill factory, and sold in their retail locations, selected global luxury retailers, and e-commerce store.
BONZ is looking for a Senior Designer to join their team that can help modernise and consolidate their apparel collections – leather and knitwear. You will work closely with their CEO and current design team and be accountable for the overall design, ensuring all styles are on point and successful in the market. You will also be working directly with the Senior Pattern Maker, signing off on the fit of all garments, so a hands-on technical background is a must.
The factory is based in Invercargill, and their head office is in Queenstown. For this role, BONZ is open to a remote working situation that could include trips to the factory monthly.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the overall product design and point of view, ensuring that the BONZ brand is represented within the designs
- Honouring the brand path and also bringing in a fresh perspective
- Driving design and development critical path to ensure timelines are met
- Research and select fabric prints and colours
- Presenting designs and fabrics to the design team and management
- Competitor research & benchmarking
- All development hand-over to Pattern Maker & Sample Machinist
- Sign off of all garments before proceeding to bulk production
- Ensuring style and fit of garments are relevant to all sizes offered
- Ensuring garments are finished to premium quality while maintaining cost margins
- Leading the Product Development team to ensure the quality of sizing, fit and finish are consistently achieved
- Experience as a Senior Designer, including team management
- Financial acumen for range budgets and targets
- Design experience with luxury garments and passionate about fit.
- Ability to brief Pattern Maker and Sample Machinist on developments, including garment finish
- A thorough understanding of textiles, garment construction and applications
- Experience using ERP systems
- High level of organisational skills and ability to work across the full life cycle of design
- Print and Pattern experience is a plus
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long-term incentives and merchandise discounts.
If this sounds like you, email Oscar Rodwell at email@example.com for more information.