Store Manager and Assistant Buyer
Do you love high fashion and dream about taking the next step in your retail and buying career?
The Shelter is New Zealand's leading concept store. A space where the world's best designers incubate and bring to life creative ideas. Housing international fashion brands such as MM6 Maison Margiela, Issey Miyake and Uma Wang, alongside premium New Zealand designers such as taylor, Jimmy D and Lela Jacobs, right through to beauty and lifestyle products, The Shelter is a contemporary space that offers a relaxed artistic experience for the discerning shopper.
We are currently seeking a stylish individual to emulate our sales success and lead the direction of our store as the Store Manager and Assistant Buyer. You should be 100% people focused, highly supportive and maintain a positive culture in our beautiful store.
You'll be an experienced Retail Manager ready to take the next step in your career with a minimum of 2-3 years experience. You have an eye for fashion and styling, with a particular flair for curating a range of desirable products.
Your key responsibilities in this role include:
- leadership of our internationally curated concept store
- input into the buying selection of local and international fashion and lifestyle brands
- developing junior managers and staff with training and support
- maintaining store performance to the highest level
- customer relationship management with our wonderful clients
- visual merchandising
- developing key relationships with our valued brand partners
- event management
- working alongside the marketing team
What is in it for you?
- experience to build on your buying skills and learn about the most coveted international fashion brands
- international travel once trained into the buying role
- a great opportunity to develop and grow your retail career
- access to our great resources to develop your team and culture
- the freedom to lead store merchandising and use your own creativity
- daily contact with the designers providing the ability to influence the ranges
- bonus/incentive scheme, along with other staff rewards
- a fantastic wardrobe
- working in a luxury fit out, with beautiful high end products
Your sales success is evident, with experience in stock control and loss prevention, ensuring VM standards, hosting VIP evenings and providing your customers with a shopping experience that builds trust and loyalty. Along with this you have great attention to detail, are computer literate, commercially savvy, have excellent communication skills and personal presentation.
Based in Ponsonby, the role is full time, Tuesday-Saturday.
Sound like you? Apply below or email your C.V. and Cover Letter to Kerri at firstname.lastname@example.org.